cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stale route in ISIS

jamalbelarj
Level 1
Level 1

Each time we remove a static route from (2) redundant 6509 switches which is redistributed into ISIS via a route-map, I still see the route advertised on VoIP Switches (7613) routers. I do not want to clear ISIS database because it will trigger alarms for NOC and Operations, and this is an ongoing IP reclaim.

Is there a graceful way of purging ISIS LSP database I can adopt as a procedure?

Thanks.

JB

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

You just verify the IS-IS metric must be between 1 and 63. There is no default-metric option in IS-IS-you should define a metric for each protocol. If no metric is specified for the routes being redistributed into IS-IS, a metric value of 0 is used by default.

Administrative distance you saw how redistribution can potentially cause problems such as below optimal routing, routing loops, or slow convergence. Avoiding these types of problems is really quite simple-never announce the information originally received from routing process X back into routing process X.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card