Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Startup-config

I have a 1814 router and I have been unsuccessful in over writing the initial config with my new configuration. On power-up it still tries to boot from the orginal config. I have made the ROM changes but seem to be missing something? Today I wrote over my new startup-config and the broke my will in trying and longer. Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Startup-config

Hi ,

Change the configuration register value to 0x2102 and reboot the router and try to save the new configuration.

config t

config-register 0x2102

exit

wr

Then reload and paste the new config. save using wr or copt run start.

Thanks,

satish

4 REPLIES

What is your config-register set at? Are you getting any errors when trying to do a copy run start?

First, I mistyped the model # it is a 1841 not 1814. The register is set to 0xA101, the default. I followed the directions in a article I read about going to ROM Monitor to change the boot to the Startup-Config. This worked every time I rebooted until I power cycled the unit and then it fell back to boot from the orginal factory drfault. No errors have been recorded during any writes. I am working from the system console port, so I should see anything abnormal.

Silver

Hi ,

Change the configuration register value to 0x2102 and reboot the router and try to save the new configuration.

config t

config-register 0x2102

exit

wr

Then reload and paste the new config. save using wr or copt run start.

Thanks,

satish

Satish, this works. I don't know why the documentation makes it look so hard. Just lay out the steps as you did. I appreciate the help. Have a good day.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content