Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

static route leaking ... Is there a similar command to JUNOS "next-table"

Dears

Would like your assistance please regarding below

Is there a similar command to JUNOS "next-table" in Cisco ?

Would like to do MPLS VPN route leaking between 2 vrfs. route-targets can not be used as I am only receiving default route so leaking default route is never a good idea. Problem I can't use static route as there is no next-hop/interface being an MPLS network

What I wish is to define specific static routes and tell router to search in a different VRF for the next-hop/interface.
From what I can see is that leaking with static route can only be done by specifying an interface that is in a different vrf

;i.e  ip route vrf blue x.x.x.x 255.255.255.255 fa0/1 10.0.0.0.2

interface fa0/1
 ip vrf forwarding green
 ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0

What I wish to do

ip route vrf blue x.x.x.x/24 next-table orange

Any ideas ?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Hi sherifismail,

I haven't understand why you can't use a static route specifying an interface of the second VRF. Could you explane little more ?

Enrico

Hello

You can trying using a static to Null 0 and advertise it and then use RT's to import it.

Ip route x.x.x.x y.y.y.y. null 0

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Dears

Thanks for your reply/assistance

@ Enrico

Unfortunately I can't use this as next-hop interface is the MPLS interface so actually no next-hop IP

@ Paul

This would be possible from remote side. Bad news I have no access to it

I did a workaround for this issue but its not the best solution.

Thanks

Regards

Sherif Ismail

As far as I know you can make the config suggest by Paul on your router, MP-BGP can import between VRFs on the same router, no need  to configure the static route on a remote router. Am I wrong ?

E

Dear Ciollaro

Lets say I am having 2 VRFs on router R1 ; vrf orange and vrf green.

vrf orange is importing RT 1:1 from MP-BGP/MPLS  that includes among many prefix 10.0.0.0/24 .

Now there are users in vrf green who want to access servers within same prefix however restriction that you should not do use import/export nor do changes in remote side thats why I was thinking of Juniper command "next-table"

Thanks

Regards

Sherif Ismail

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card