cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Still having problems with .tar files IOS upgrade for a switch

jcutler0622
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I have a standard set up I have my local pc connected to the switch. I have configured VLAN1 with an ip on the same subnet as my machine. I am able to ping. Below is the config that I placed in the router as well as the error that I received. I have done multiple IOS upgrades but nothing like this.

Switch# archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tftp:[[//location]/directory]/image-name.tar

This is what my input was into the switch:

Switch# archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tftp:F:\ntcc\Cisco\Ci

sco-IOS\3750\c3750-ipbasek9-tar.122-25.SEE2.tar

This is the error that I am getting.

Switch#$overwrite /reload tftp:[[//location]/directory]/image-name.tar

Could not buffer tarfile...using multiple downloads

examining image...

%Error opening tftp:[[//location]/directory]/image-name.tar (Invalid IP address

or hostname)

%Error opening flash:update/info (No such file or directory)

ERROR: Image is not a valid IOS image archive.

Please confirm!!! all the forward slashes are right and what not lol. I need to get this done ASAP so PLEASE HELP :)

I will rate once problem has been completed.

3 Replies 3

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Dear Jcutler,

Please use the WinRAR software (http://www.rarlab.com/) and avoid all these confusions. Please write me back if you are still struck with the situation.

Regards

Wilson Samuel

Sorry I can't do it this way....I need to write a procedure doing it the Cisco way :).

I can't dowload 3rd party software to this machine.

Thanks

Anyone else please help!!!

Cisco does not use mircosoft file shares. You must have a tftp server on your machine.

If has no clue what to do with F:\ntcc\cisco.....

It basically will take a ip address here and you can put directories in but it easier to configure the tftp server so the default directory already maps where you want it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card