Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

STM1 or STM4

We are an ISP, we are trying to connect to a new International ISP. The transmission between our 7606 router and one drop point is STM4 POS, and from the drop point to the International ISP is STM1 POS. The transmission guys told us it’s OK to make STM1 POS rides over STM4 POS link, they will do the conversion in the DAC – I hope I spelled it right- located at the drop point. Now the my question is what kind of interface is needed on my router is it STM4 or STM1 interface.. Is there any special configuration required in that case?

I did post the same question in the Network Infrastructure as well..

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES
Purple

Re: STM1 or STM4

I guess what your transmission guys mean is that you can carry an STM1 as a multiplexed stream inside an STM4.

As to whether you are not you need an STM4 interface depends on what transmission link your router is being presented. If it is an STM4 link, you can use a channelised STM4 card and then use an single STM1 out of the STM4 link to your transmission device.

Pls do remember to rate posts.

Paresh

But you can not channelize POS links.. If it's STM4 ATM, then yes you can channalize, but not STM4 POS..

Purple

Yeah, I missed that bit about the STM4 link being a POS link. In that case, I don't think what they are suggesting will work at all.

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content