Views
Helpful
Replies

stp compatibility

antmurcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem with the configuration of a LAN spanning tree in which I have distributed two different brands of electronics. there are a core of Enterasys S8 as a distrubution Enterasys B5124-48, while for access have distributed a number of Cisco 2950 and 2960.

The problem comes because I can not design an optimal configuration for spanning tree as the Cisco 2950 and 2960 do not converge. I tried all the settings:

- B5 with rtsp and 2950 with mst: I lose connectivity, but if I see all this equipment correctly, converge and make it root.

- B5 with rtsp and 2950 with rapid-PVST: I have connectivity and everything works fine, but the 2950 or 2960 did not provide information. It appears as if there were no instances of spanning-tree.

- B5 with MSTP and 2950 mst: I have no connectivity and I are spanning trees.

- B5 with MSTP and 2950 with rapid-PVST: I have connectivity and everything works fine, but the 2950 or 2960 did not provide information. It appears as if there were no instances of spanning-tree.

The truth is that I have run out of ideas and not how to solve this issue would greatly appreciate the help.

regards

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Lot more thatn problem description is needed. Namely, config, traces, hand-on session.

You may want to work with the TAC for this kind fo trouble,

By the way, this is the wrong forulm, you should use "LAN switching".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: