Views
Helpful
Replies

strange **ERROR** on isdn

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I am having some problems on an ISDN link that dials into our main office.

The router dials out, but I am not seeing the call come in at the central office.

Attached is a text file showing the basic config and the output from debug isdn standard.

thanks in advance for any help. :)

26 Replies 26

Thanks for posting this information that I asked about. The show isdn status confirms that you have some issue with the ISDN connection:

Layer 1 Status:

DEACTIVATED

There are several things that might produce the layer 1 status of deactivated. I would suggest that you check to verify that the cable connecting the router to the ISDN circuit is well connected. You might also try swapping the cable to see if there is a cable problem. You might check with the provider to see if they have a problem and to check out the ISDN wiring.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

Please try to do one thing if your ISDN is workin.

Can you place a call command on the router to call your number just to verify if the ISDN line is working. beside Rick suggestions obviously says that there's something wrong with your ISDN connection. It might be a cable or the ISDN card.

here's the command

isdn call interface bri "x" "any number" speed xx

where x - your routers bri interface

any number - try your mobile phone or office phone.

speed - can place 56 or 64

From this you will know if your ISDN is really active.

Thanks

Jeric

Hi Jeric,

no good mate.

rtph101#term mon

rtph101#isdn test call interface bri 0/0 0894279500

rtph101#

i think i will try and configure the bri for the old legacy ddr tomorrow and see if i can get something working that way.

thanks anyway

I think this will probably confuse the issue, but I also get the same ISDN error message.

I have replaced a 1600 with an 1800 router. I have ISDN backup configured. The 1600 dials and connects fine. The 1800 gets the same message, and the central router reports no attemped connection.

ISDN BR0/1/0 **ERROR**: CCBRI_Go: NO CCB Src->HOST call id 0x800C, event 0x5 ces 1

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I have 4 more sites to swap out.

Could it be something with the Australian ISDN implementation???

Hi and thank you so much for sharing that. I have this problem on a number of routers and was starting to think i was going right around the bend. This problem must be caused by something.... :)

Alalli,

Have you been able to get any resolution to this problem?

I have just discovered (via my Telstra bill) that the ISDN has been dialing every 1-2 seconds for a month and I now have a $60,000 bill to deal with. I even had the BRI interface in a shutdown state for most of this time, and it was still dialing. Be very careful.

Hi there,

i am facing the same problem with a new 1841 router

layer1 remains deactivated

and the same **ERROR**: CCBRI_Go: NO CCB Src->HOST still comes up

i will appreciate any feedback if you reached a solution

regards

Hi Elie,

My situation was different than yours in that mine started working when we replaced the BRI port.

The one thing you could check is if you have a new version Bri card or an old one. It does seem to make a difference.

You can check the version of the card by issuing a show controller command.

I have found that sometimes there are problems with version 1 cards in a new router and version 3 cards in an old router.

I think that cisco say they all work together; but I am not so sure. Telstra have changed the way they do signalling now as well so the cards have to communicate correctly with the NTU.

If you are having the same problem I was having.... you will see that the router was not releasing the BRI port after the call was over. As far as the Telstra NTU was concerned.... the router still had the call. To check, you could issue a clear bri command after one successful call and then make another call immediately. If the second call makes it through, then it sounds like you have the same problem.

hope this helps!!!

a

Hi Al,

Thanks for your reply,

I downgraded the IOS from 12.4 c1841-ipbase-mz.124-1c.bin to 12.3 c1841-ipbase-mz.123-8.T5.bin that i got from a working router and it worked.

I suppose it is a bug in 12.4

regards

Elie

Hi Alalli,

I think you issue a wrong command.

try this

isdn call interface bri 0/0 "0894279500" speed 64

other way, ddr will do as well.

we just want to figure out if your router can actually place a call.

Regards

Jeric

my router would not accept that syntax. it did accept the syntax i used.

Oopss my fault. the command that I quoted is no longer supported on ios 12.2,

forget about it and do as what you think,configure ddr.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: