Views
Helpful
Replies

sub interface

amansoi_5
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am unable to delete sub interface on ethernet port of router ...

can somebody help..

regds,

Aman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Aman,

Could u reload the router???? Becz i heard somewhere that until the router reload show ip interface brief command will show the subinterface as deleted only.

Once specific type of subinterface is created, it cannot be changed without a reload.When a subinterface is configured, an interface descriptor block (IDB) is defined by the Cisco IOS. IDBs defined for subinterfaces cannot be changed without a reload.

So if possible have a try by reloading the router,

Rate if it does,

Rgs,

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

the syntax to delete for example subif fa0/0.1 is:

no int fa0/0.1

Regards,

Leo

Dear Leo,

We have tried this command but when we run show int description , it shows port as deleted ...

we want to permanently delete this sub interface .

regds,

Aman

There is nothing really difficult about deleting a subif. We might not be talkint the same thing here. Can you please post the output that you assume to be incorrect? A description of the commands that you use would be helpful too.

Regards,

Leo

Dear Leo,

Please find enclosed the output..

regds,

aman

Please try to reload the router.

Leo

Hi Aman,

Could u reload the router???? Becz i heard somewhere that until the router reload show ip interface brief command will show the subinterface as deleted only.

Once specific type of subinterface is created, it cannot be changed without a reload.When a subinterface is configured, an interface descriptor block (IDB) is defined by the Cisco IOS. IDBs defined for subinterfaces cannot be changed without a reload.

So if possible have a try by reloading the router,

Rate if it does,

Rgs,

Thanks Balajit ...

I reloaded the router and sub interfaces were permanently removed .

regds,

Aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: