Views
Helpful
Replies

Subnets on VPN

rhltechie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am still having an issue with this. The deal is this, I have two vpn groups on my asa 5510. Both were created via the vpn wizard in asdm. One of the groups, I added another subnet after the fact to allow the vpn access to, it will not work. It appears in the statistics screen as a protected network, but you are not allowed access to it. The other vpn group I have I added this network when I made the group via the wizard and it works fine. I know the inside knows how to get back as the second one works. Can someone please help?

TIA,

R

2 Replies 2

rhltechie
Level 1
Level 1

one more thing...i also see the following when i observe the logs when trying to get in from the vpn group not working:

no translation group found for tcp src outside: to inside: (type 8, code 0)

Hi,

I sounds like you don't have an entry in your NONAT access list to tell the ASA not to perform NAT on the VPN traffic. I'm not sure how you edit this using the ASDM, I'm more of a command line man myself. If you do have a look at the config through the command line you should notice a command like NAT (inside) 0 name-of-nonat-acl. This will tell you which access list needs to be edited. You need to make sure that there are entries for your VPN traffic.

Hope this helps

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card