Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Sup 720 - SFP Uplinks

I am configuring a new 6509-E for a customer and I'm configuring it with the VS-S720-10G-3C supervisor to get the two SFP uplink ports.  However, I don't want to use them for VSS, I'd like to connect one using an SFP to a SONET over Ethernet connection. Can this be done or do I have to order a blade with SFP for GBIC connectors?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: Sup 720 - SFP Uplinks

chrislisser wrote:

I am configuring a new 6509-E for a customer and I'm configuring it with the VS-S720-10G-3C supervisor to get the two SFP uplink ports.  However, I don't want to use them for VSS, I'd like to connect one using an SFP to a SONET over Ethernet connection. Can this be done or do I have to order a blade with SFP for GBIC connectors?

Hi Chris,

On Sup-720-VS the SFP ports are 5/1 and 5/2. The copper port is 5/3 and the 10Gig ports are 5/4 and 5/5.

HTH

Reza

1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

Re: Sup 720 - SFP Uplinks

chrislisser wrote:

Hi Chris,

On Sup-720-VS the SFP ports are 5/1 and 5/2. The copper port is 5/3 and the 10Gig ports are 5/4 and 5/5.

HTH

Reza

Views
Helpful
Replies