Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SUP2 / MFSC2 CPU Util - IP Input - GRE switching

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to figure this one out, and am getting just about nowhere. I followed through the High CPU Util troubleshooting processes, and found that the RP is looking at every GRE packet going across the switch... not terminating at the switch. It's a 6509 with sup2/mfsc2 as listed in the title, running ipservices-wan-mz 12.2(18)sxf4. I havn't noticed this problem going across any other switches or routers, including a 3620 running 12.3, a 2811 running 12.3, a 3550, an alcatel swtich, etc. Any insight on this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris Eads

1 REPLY

Re: SUP2 / MFSC2 CPU Util - IP Input - GRE switching

Hi Chris,

It would be easier if you could post your config. And, the commands/method you used to confirm that the GRE transit packets are causing a high CPU util.. like for eg. show proc spu sorted ; show ip cef ; show ip traffic ; show inter stats/switching ; sh ip cache flow etc et .. and how you actually confirmed your inference about the switching path of the GRE packet.

Cheers

Arav

Views
Helpful
Replies