cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor Engine 720 not working

s-adhikary
Level 1
Level 1

I am using two supervisor engine in 7613 router but onr in slot 7 and another in slot 8 but the problem is one supervisor engine is not working , it is showing orange LED and when i am applying "sh module" it showing 0000 value in MAC and unknown in fw,sw and status coloumn .can any one have an idea to recover the supervisor engine.

9 Replies 9

adamclarkuk_2
Level 4
Level 4

Console directly onto the secondary SUP and see what state it is in, this will at least give you a clue as to what the next steps should be and if unclear, at least you can let us know so we can advise.

Dear Adam

It is showing ROMMON state

I would check that it has a valid IOS to boot from in flash, (make sure this is the same as your other SUP if you intend to us this as a backup SUP).

If it doesn't you will need to copy an image over and then reboot it, here is a URL with ROMMON commands :-

hxxp://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa1.shtml#s720recover

Adam

Booth SUP-Engine is having same version of IOS

When you are in rommon via console, and you type :-

boot :.bin

how far does it get and what error messages do you see?

I am sending an attachment please check

Hi

I think you will have to open a case with Cisco and supply this info to them as it looks like you SUP is broken but they will be able to tell you for sure. Hopefully it's not but it doesn't look good.

Thanks Adam

I have reached to the solution , now it is working fine, i have used one disk memory to recover the SUP 720

I agree with Adam. Your Sup most probably reloaded and failed to complete the reload due to %Software-forced reload. If you check the Sup bootdisk you'll probably find a number of crashinfo directories.

You need to find out why this is happening. There's almost 200+ identified crash-causing bugs for the SXF14 IOS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco