Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch CPU

dnspacket1
Level 1
Level 1

Hai,

I have a network 3750 stack unit as my coreswitch & another 3750 for server connectivity.

I have  a 16 cameras and a DVR device which is acting as a controller for camera. All cameras and DVR   are in same vlan.

I am accessing the  DVR device  in order to watch the camera.

when I am trying to access the DVR device VIA https://172.16.x.x my switch CPU is increasing and it is causing network perfomance issue.

Any idea about this?

I havent configured any multicasting on the switch. .

Regards

Dev

5 Replies 5

Rodrigo Pires
Level 1
Level 1

What process do you see increasing on "show proc cpu sorted | e 0.00" ?

Ankur Arora
Level 1
Level 1

Deva,

Provide us the outputs for:

show proc cpu sort | ex 0.00

show platform port-asic stat drop (3 times in 5 minutes)

show control cpu-interface

Thanks

Ankur

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What IOS is your switch running on?

Vishesh Verma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Deva,

Switches can have high cpu for multiple  reasons, most common are ARP broadcast (ARP Input), IPtraffic punted to  CPU (IP Input). Some uncommon are DHCP requests, or IP traffic being  punted to CPU because of MAC flapping of the destination device or high amount of IP multicast traffic hitting CPU because of RPF failure.You need  to find your reason and stop that.

-Vishesh

Also, depending on IOS, 3750 switches has been showing up overutilization problems with Hulc Led Process. That is a normal feature however there are a few IOS before 12.2(44)SE that showed process up to 40-60% just because of that process.

I believe it would be PID 179.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: