Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch IOS

Faisal Shabbir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

i have mistakenly erase 3750 flash drive now this is the current stte of the switch after booting:

switch.png

please guide me step by step so i can troubleshoot the issue. Thanks

Regards,

Faysal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ok, as long as ur ios is proper one its ok.

first set a new baud rate on ur switch to speed things up. then copy the IOS file into it.

Switch: set baud rate 115200

here you have to restart ur terminal and use the new baud rate to work with console, then initiate the copy process:

Swicth: copy xmodem: flash:[exact ios file name here]

when ur enter the command, you have to start file transfer (xmodem) from ur terminal application. its slow thou. after its complete remember to return the baud rate back to 9600 !

HTH

plz Rate if it helped,

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

smehrnia
Level 7
Level 7

do you have a backup IOS image?

here is step by step recovery:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

if u had anymore questions, will be more than happy to help

HTH

plz Rate if it helped,

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

yes I have but I don't want to install that i want to install the newer version which I alraedy have

ok, as long as ur ios is proper one its ok.

first set a new baud rate on ur switch to speed things up. then copy the IOS file into it.

Switch: set baud rate 115200

here you have to restart ur terminal and use the new baud rate to work with console, then initiate the copy process:

Swicth: copy xmodem: flash:[exact ios file name here]

when ur enter the command, you have to start file transfer (xmodem) from ur terminal application. its slow thou. after its complete remember to return the baud rate back to 9600 !

HTH

plz Rate if it helped,

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

bunldle of thnks it worked for me

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card