Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

switch slow response

I'm getting a very slow response from one of our switches what are the things I need to check first, should I proceed to reboot it? I can telnet, no problem.

What are the basic steps I need to do first?

what this log tells me?

01. 6/17/2000,13:27:39: setNvlog:Nvlog area deallocated: 0xFEEDBAC2, 0xFEEDBAC2, 0x10

thanks,

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: switch slow response

Do the follwing operations,

1.clear config all.

2.set configuration again.

3.reload.

Green

Re: switch slow response

What do you mean "Slow Response"?

Additonal latency for the traffic passing through, or slow response on the terminal when you connect?

If it's slow terminal response, it's possible that there's enough load on the switch that it doesn't have enough available cycles to handle the console/tty (console is a very low priority, compared to the frame handling routines).

If that's the case, start looking for things that would load the switch down .... things like a loop, excessive broadcasts/multicasts, worm/virus traffic from the LAN ...

If you're talking about high latency through the switch, then at least tell us what model it is, and what version of the operating firmware you're running, how many hosts are connected, and what kind of traffic they produce (database versus "surfing" versus application service, etc.).

Good Luck

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies