Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Switching two services using vlans

I need some help pelase.

Here is my situation. I have a client behind a switch (3560) at a site called NW. They are using a fiber last mile provided to them by an telecom service provider to reach our swicth..

They need two services from us. One is a routed service, where we establish an ebgp peering with them and share routes. The other is a simple L2 service and we trunk the vlan to oour border router at another pop site and hand of the circuit to an internet service provider that intern provides our client an inyternet service.

Now in other instances we have an ASR 9000 device and we allocate our clients a connection port on that router and create sub interfaces to provision services. Since this site has a 3560 device, we cannot implement sub interfaces on it.

For each of the 2 services I had created two VLANS on my 3560 switch. For routed service i have vlan 1200 and for L2 service i have a vlan 1300. I had allocated a port to this client. Its operating in trunk mode, trunking both teh vlans. I am also assuming that the client would also have these two vlans created on their setvh and would  be trunking them to us.

Now whwat shoud be my next step? should i also allocate access ports and assign them to the appropriate vlan here? Or should I just allocate another trunk port and transparently trnk these two vlans over to my border router at the other site, from where teh services would be delivered?  i do not see the reason to create access ports here as no services or being configured here or vlan interfaces are to be created here to assign them ips to route anything. Instead all this would have to be done on the borde router at teh other pop site.

On the border router, I would receive these two vlans on a trunk port. I would also create these vlans on that border router. i would create a Interface Vlan for vlan 1200 and assign an IP address so that bgp can be implemented on this. i would also create an access port here, assign it to vlan 1300. The cbale from this access port would then be connected to teh patch panel in teh same pop taht belongs to an ISP which would provide this clinet with the internet service.

Is this logically making sense? Can i provision these services like this?

here is a toplogy lay out:

client switch <-vlan 1200, vlan 1300---> our swtch <-vlan 1200, vlan 1300----> our border device (has interface vlan 1200, ip x.x.x.x. And an access port belonging to vlan 1300. This access port is then hooked up to teh ISP patch panel using multimode fiber)

regards

• WAN Routing and Switching
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.