Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 Clocking -- Help!

Adam Frederick
Level 3
Level 3

Good Afternoon;

I currently have a line that is flapping and of course the telco said his multipattern test ran clean. We just rolled out new 2821s with VWIC-2MFT1 cards to all locations. Every link is a leased line, we don't have any Frame, etc so its all purely point-to-point T1s. One side of each peer is set to clock source line and the other side is set to clock source internal. Is this not correct?

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

That setting should work just fine. Are you using both ports on the T1 card ?

can you paste a sh controllers t1 x/y output ? (x/y is to be understood as appropriate interface number)

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I have attached the show contr for all 3 routers in the path. The affected T1 is the one between Branch 1 and Branch 2. I've noticed with high volumes of traffic the line will drop as well. I've included running configs as well.

Thank you for your help!

Adam,

On these routers,

try a "network-clock-participate wic 0 " (where 0 should be wic slot number where the vwic is located)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00800b350b.html#wp1001437

Also try

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00800b350b.html#wp1001233

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

2 Questions;

1.)Should I do this on all of my routers?

2.)In some routers I'm using 4 T1s, so should I config both network-clock-participate wic 0 & 1, or just 1 of the WIC slots?

Thanks again for your help, you've been very helpful!

Configure on the HQ first and set the network-clock participate only on the wics that you are seeing this problem.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Adam Frederick
Level 3
Level 3

Last config attached

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card