Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 controller up, Serial up, line protocol down - Need help please

rts-net-support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

This is a problem that has been bugging me for quite some time and I can't get it solved. I have 2 locations with a T1 line beetween them. The carrier comfirmed the line is fine, full T1 line with ESF framing and B8ZS linecode.

Location A has a 2-port channelized T1 module, a NM-2CT1-CSU in a 2611XM (IOS 12.3(10)). One port is already used for another connection. Location B has a WIC-1DSU-T1 (Cisco 1-Port T1/Fractional T1 DSU/CSU WAN Interface) in a 2610XM (I dont know the IOS, this is the remote router and I have no direct access).

My question would be: do I have the right modules installed for this ? I mean, Location A has a channelized T1 card and Location B has a T1/fractional T1. Is this enough ? If not, what would I need in Location B ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Stefan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Stefan,

It appears that your T1 controller in location A is using a 56k timeslot by default. Try and change the config to;

controller T1 1/1

framing esf

linecode b8zs

cablelength long 0db

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24 speed 64

Hope that helps - pls rate helpful posts.

Paresh.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Stefan,

It appears that your T1 controller in location A is using a 56k timeslot by default. Try and change the config to;

controller T1 1/1

framing esf

linecode b8zs

cablelength long 0db

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24 speed 64

Hope that helps - pls rate helpful posts.

Paresh.

Wow, I can't believe I missed that. Much thanks Paresh, problem solved, post rated.

Regards,

Stefan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card