Hi, I have T1 connected to the internet, but for some reason the encapsulation is set for frame relay. I find this unusual since it is not connecting to any other branches. I am asking this because I find this T1 connection kind of slow and I wonder if this T1 is dropping frames due to the CIR. I am new to the company so I don't know the history why was it done that way. Shouldn't I switch this T1 to PPP or HDLC? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks
Am I correct in understanding your message that traffic is flowing over this link - but slowly? If so then whatever is connected to the other end of the link is running Frame Relay encapsulation. If you change your end to HDLC or to PPP and the other end does not change then there will be NO traffic flowing over the link.
It might be interesting to see the output of show frame pvc so we could understand better what is running on the link.
Thanks for posting the additional output. This clearly shows an active Frame Relay link, with 1 active PVC, and 1 active subinterface (which was not mentioned in previous posts). As currently configured it is working. and the receive load
may help explain why it is a bit slow. It appeaers to be getting close to being saturated.
If you want to change it from Frame Relay to HDLC or PPP then you would need to request from whoever provides the line that they change their end. You might find that the pricing for an HDLC service or a PPP service would be different from the pricing of the Frame Relay service.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...