Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 line keeps dropping

skhirbash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a Cisco 3640 core router at headquarters linked to 18 remote sites via point-to-point. The core router is linked to the service provider via ATM and linked to each remote site via point-to-point T1s. One of the remote sites has a Cisco 1751 and is linked to the core router via Frame Relay T1. This particular site keeps dropping the link and I am not sure how to troubleshoot this issue or where to start. The only fact I have is that this site's circuit keeps dropping! Could someone guide as what I should be looking for or what steps to take in order to troubleshoot this issue?

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a new install or it has been working for a while ?

Have you tried contacting the service provider and open a trouble-ticket with them ?

You may want to double-check your line-code and lmi settings and make sure they match the provider's.

this is an existing site and has been working just fine for the last 3 years or so. I wanted to do an in-house troubleshooting before I opened up a trouble ticket. Should I consider replacing the T1-WIC or should I open a trouble ticket with the SP?

Thanks,

sK

You will definitely want to open a ticket with the SP. They can break into the middle of the circuit and at the very least see what side the trouble is coming from.

Open a ticket with the Service Provider before making any drastic changes in your environment. More than likely, it's their problem. Good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card