cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T3 connection

mburguk1000
Level 1
Level 1

I need to configure a E3/T3 card in a cisco 3845 router. the T3 connection is from NY to london. As we are based in London do we configure our end as E3 or T3 card and also need to configure framing and line code

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should check with the provider who should give you the details of what they will deliver to you. Normally in situations like this the provider will take care of the T3/E3 conversion inside the provider network so that NY will see T3 and London will see E3. But the provider is the one who can confirm the details of this circuit to you.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

rajput_p
Level 1
Level 1

try this it will help you...and u need to confirm witht you service provider for the conf....

NY conf

Line Type : ds3cbitadm

Line Coding : ds3B3ZS

Xmt. Clock source : localTiming

Line Length(meters) : 0

London

Line Type : ds3cbitadm

Line Coding : ds3B3ZS

Xmt. Clock source : localTiming

Line Length(meters) : 0

could you tell me at what level you apply this config

many thanks

mark

its a simple conf of the T3 card when you add any nre line..Please specify what exactly you want to do so that i will help you on this

many thanks I think i have managed to configure this,

I do have another question, how would i find the data transfer rate, i have tried sh int s1/0 command but couldnt seem to find it, The reason I ask is the a file copy of about 1.18gb is looking to take around 193 minutes. just trying to establish trends

many thanks

You should see the standard 5 minute input and output rates as well as the number of packet/bytes send and recieved. Now this is for the complete circuit to find users you will have to get more creative with something like ip cache flow and a little manual calulations.

1.18g in 193 minutes is very slow for a line like this. You must have very high latency. You need to either adjust the tcp window size or break the file into parts and transfer them at the same time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card