cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T3 error

dhopper82
Level 1
Level 1

My Fluke Optiview Wan analyzer keeps sending me this error..."Description: DS3/E3 Alarms detected: DS3 DTE Alarms exceed threshold : 1 contiguous alarm seconds (threshold=1)" . This is on a Frame Relay line on one of my WAN Routers. I've done the show Frame LMI and PVC commands and other than one DLCI showing unused and active, nothing else seems out of the ordinary (it apparently has been like this a long time). Service to my distant end nodes seems to be ok. I've been getting this error since at least last Friday. Are there any other commands I can try to get to the root of this problem?

6 Replies 6

dhopper82
Level 1
Level 1

C'mon! Somebody's got to have some idea!

Could it be something to do with the DS3 controller itself? Do a show controller and look for errors?

HTH,

Sundar

bhedlund
Level 4
Level 4

To look at alarms and erros for a DS3 interface you can use: 'show controllers serial ...'

Hope this helps. If so, please rate this post.

Regards,

Brad

dhopper82
Level 1
Level 1

I did the show controllers serial and it reports 0 alarms.

namin77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It appears that the alarm stays on for a second and goes away. This is why you can't see it when you do a show controllers serial. I guess you have to catch it when it is actually occurring.

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

The only way to get to the root of this problem is to display the controller for the T-3. This will show you any layer 1 alarms that are occurring. From this point you can determine what is happening. From your descriptions it shows DTE alarms, Since the DTE is built into the card, possibly the T-3 card/module is faulty. Your service is up/runnig with no issues except this alarm I would watch it to see what happens or open a TAC case and have the card swapped out....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card