cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Technology refresh

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm planning for technology refresh for our mammoth router and switch. Reason is high cost of yearly maintenance, high cost of module upgrades to support new IOS, their resources is under utilized. They are use for a small data centre.

Current equipment;

- 7513 Router with DUAL-RSP4/VIP4-80. Runs OSPF and BGP. CPU util is less than 20%. Only use 3xFE and 1xDS3 ports for the past 4 years.

- 6509 Catalyst Switch with DUAL-SUP1/MSFC1. Runs CATOS in SUP1, InterVLAN, OSPF and BGP in MSFC1. The maximum percentage backplane util is 1bs. Only used less than 40xFE ports for the past 4 years.

Planning to replace them with;

3845 Router for 7513 Router

3750 Catalyst Switch for 6509 Catalyst Switch

I have a 3745 Router that runs OSPF and BGP side-by-side with 7513 Router and I don't have a problem that's why I was thinking a 3845 router is more practical.

Any second opinion to the replacemet equipment in my technology refresh is appreciated.

1 Reply 1

icabrera
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I think you're doing the correct choice. Both, the router and the switch, you've selected are the equipment we're using in most of our installations and they are the best selection at the moment for the requirements you have.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card