cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telenet from direct connect PC over ethernet - connection closed by remote host

libbistovall1
Level 1
Level 1

I have attached the configuration for both my Raleigh and Dallas routers. Using putty, I can telnet to the Dallas Router via a direct ethernet connection. I have the Raleigh Router configured the same way, but I get "connection closed by remote host" then "Network error: No route to host". I have the same problem on my Raleigh Router. The Dallas router is a 2610 IOS 12.2. Seattle is a 2621XM IOS 12.3 and the Raleigh Router is a 2651 XM IOS 12.3. 

6 Replies 6

Dragan Ilic
Level 4
Level 4

Could you post "show ip route" on both routers?

HTH,

Dragan

HTH,
Dragan

Sorry, I thought I had included that but did not. I've attached it now.

I think we've both confused replies to two different questions I have posted. Showing you the IP route is what is needed for my other question https://supportforums.cisco.com/comment/9564006#comment-9564006

This is the Telnet question.

Do you still want me to post the show ip route for Dallas Dragan? Sorry for the confusion.

In case it will help Dragan, here is the routing table for Dallas.

libbistovall1
Level 1
Level 1

The Windows Firewall was already turned off. The Norton Firewall was on. I disabled it, but still had the same problem - connection closed by remote host. Don't forget, I got into the Dallas router with the same setup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card