cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Testing UDP works over a VPN via console?

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

From my Cisco 877 and 1841 with ADSL consoles, how can I test that a UDP port is able to reach a remote server over the VPN?

Is there a commadni can run?

19 Replies 19

Andy

I am encouraged that some data has shown up on the NetFlow website.

I would suggest that it might not be a bad idea to start another thread on the forum asking if anyone has experience (or has suggestions) with running NetFlow over VPN.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Will do, I'm not sure which interface to really monitor. I have an Ethernet cable from one of the four LAN ports on the back of the Cisco 837 into a 24 port switch. I have Ethernet 0 which assume is live a VLAN across the four ports being monitored. Not sure if it should be this or ATM 0 or dialer 1?

Update:

I ran up an 1841 ADSL in a VPN mode, and had the same issues. So I installed the Netflow application onto a laptop on the side of the VPN, and it all instantly worked. So it must be a VPN issue.

Shame about this, are there other tools I could test. Then again I could install the free version (2 interfaces) on a PC at every site.

Andy

Thanks for confirming your additional testing and it looks like it is a bug with NetFlow over VPN. I would hope that Cisco would address this and provide a fix but I have no idea how long we will wait to see this.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

That's true.

What a Cisco pro like you do to check who's doing what over a VPN when things go slow on the bandwidth? Just those console ip flow and cache export commands?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card