Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP Back Up error..

I am not able to take the TFTP back up of some of the devices.

I am getting the following error.. what is the reason  for the same. but i am able to reach my TFTP server IP.

% Error Opening tftp://X.X.X.X/yyy-confg (Timed Out).

what are basic thing i am need to check..

11 Replies 11

Rolf Fischer
Level 9
Level 9

Maybe the filename or the permission?

cant get you

Hello

Are these new tftp connections ( if so check any acl prohibiting connections)

How are you backing these up? =  from each device towards the tftp server or the other away around?

Are you using any utliity application like solarwinds/kiwi etc for the tftp server?

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

i am using tftp server software, i  had taken the back up all devices.. Only switch i am not able to take the back up.

Router, Firewall and all other devices i had taken back up.. Only 2 switches which was connected in the T&D environment not able to take the back up.. I am suspecting  tftp may be blocking in firewall, But  then how i am  able to take the back up from firewall.

Hello

The swich may be probhiting tftp also!

Is this tftp server software using any snmp community strings?
Also try pushing the running -config from the swtiches itself

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

how to check its prohibhiting.. 

Error Opening tftp://X.X.X.X/yyy-confg (Timed Out).

Basically means that your appliance can't reach your TFTP server.

Could be a firewall issue or a routing issue. 

check from that switch are u able to ping your pc that have tftp installed.

Jawad

Jawad

ya its reachable from switch.. i mentioned the same in question itself.. there is no specific in rule in firewall to block switches.. Other router and eventhough firewall also i am able to take the back up.

Switch i am able to reach the TFTP server Ip( i.e., system iP where TFTP server installed).

This error clearly indicated timed out. But i am able to reach server with minimum latency 30 ms?

any other  thing need to be checked in Switch.. checked with IP Socket as well..

Hongju Jung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Can you share the full log message when you get the toward TFTP server ?

and did you make sure pingable from TFTP server to specific switch, if you can pingable to switch,

Consideration Server firewall disable

Kindly check same from other tftp server (installed into your pc and check), it can be tftp issue also

HTH

Jawad

Jawad
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card