cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP IOS back up error

aramaphosa
Level 1
Level 1

I trying to back up flash to the TFTP server, but i'm getting the error code 10054, what is causing this?

4 Replies 4

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Can u post the hyperterminal output. Also which tftp server u are using?

Regards

JD

Hi

Please check attached for more info.

Aubrey

Hi

Never have used this tftp server. I use Solarwinds. Can u try that?

Regards

JD

Aubrey

Am I correct that this output is from 3CDaemon (or perhaps 3Cserver)? I have used that software frequently with good success. So I am not confident that using a different TFTP server will necessarily solve your problem.

I find the output a bit difficult to interpret since it shows multiple transfers some of which are successful and some of which are not.

There is one error clearly shown which is about failure to overwrite a file. In the configuration of the TFTP server there is a checkbox for Allow overwirte of existing files. Check to see whether this check box is checked or not. The help file also indicates that if the file on the server is marked read only that you will get an error if you attempt to overwrite even if the check box is checked. So it might be useful to check on the permissions of the file on the server.

I am not clear whether the error code is related to the overwrite issue or not. I would suggest that you make a new attempt to write the file to TFTP, after restarting the TFTP server software so that the one attempt is the only thing showing in the TFTP server output.

Also it would be helpful to know what message you get on the router when the server generates this error code.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card