Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

The configuration of the replaced N7K module

Hi, we had a module failed in the N7K, the failed slot is "slot-1" and the configuration about it was invisible because of the failure.

So we migrated the configuration to another slot to maintain the business.

And now we have just got the RMA module and are ready to install it.

What I am worried about is after I replace the failed module, will the old configuration that was on the failed module appear on the new one?

If so, since I have migrated the configuration, there could be conflicts that would affect the network.

Hope for reply, thanks!

• WAN Routing and Switching
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Problem:========Slot 1 went

Problem:

========

Slot 1 went faulty, you removed the config and moved it to different slot.

Next Acion:

=========

you have now recieved the new module, when you insert the module gets synchronized and be ready if everything looks okay.

Now question is what happen with the configuration, When you dont connect anytihng to the module 1 nothing would happen.

But if you want to move the connections back to module 1 you have to reapply the config for the module 1 if that has been removed.If in case that the config has not been removed then you will be good to go.

HTH

Thanks for your reply, I

Thanks for your reply, I still have a question:

If, for example, my E1/1 port belongs to the failed I/O module in "slot-1", and had an ip address 1.1.1.1.When the module failed, the configuration about E1/1 became invisible because of the failure.

Then I configured the port E2/1 on "slot-2" with the same ip address 1.1.1.1.

When I replace a new and the same type of module in slot-1, the configuration about E1/1 with the ip address 1.1.1.1 would become visible again.(Here I am not really sure)

Then my question is: will there be such a situation that within a device, E2/1 has an ip address 1.1.1.1 in "up" state and E1/1 has the same ip address 1.1.1.1 in "down" state?

If so, what would happen if I active E1/1?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.