Helpful
Replies

there is log channel-misconfig

sakolvaree
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert

I facing log file form cisco switch like this

PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: channel-misconfig error detected on GiX/X, putting GiX/X in err-disable state

I've verify all config are match correctly. if I want to bypass checking

what difference between command

1. "no spanning-tree etherchannel guard misconfig"
2. "no error-disable detect cause channel-misconfig"

and how effect between 2 cli

from my research https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2173351 1. is feature of STP for detect misconfig

4 Replies 4

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first command will disable the ether-channel guard misconfig on the switch.Yes, its used by STP for any misconfiguration, ideally the settings and port capabilities have to be identical on both the ports/sides.

The second command will disable the interface shutdown from channel-misconfig errors.

One will detect it and the other will put the ports in shutdown state so these two command go hand-in-hand.

-amit singh

thankyou very much

please share document that explain this

PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: channel-misconfig error detected on GiX/X, putting GiX/X in err-disable state

This line is very specific.  It means that the port-channel configurations to some of your physical interface is inconsistent and the Cisco appliance, which can't read your mind to determine which one of the configuration you want, disables the port(s) until you fix the issue.

1. "no spanning-tree etherchannel guard misconfig"

2. "no error-disable detect cause channel-misconfig"

Using either one of these two will not be of any help.  You've got an inconsistent configuration.  Fix that.  Post the interface configuration of all the physical interface as well as the logical (port-channel) interface so we will be able to help you determine where the problem lies.

sakolvaree
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I've verify all configuration and physical are correct log occur since 1 week ago  there are no configuration change in port-channel in each device 

Topology like hub and spoke Hub device is Other vender spoke device are Cisco

log occur 1-2 time per day when auto-recovery work and port comup everything work fine

now I use  "no spanning-tree etherchannel guard misconfig" 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card