cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tired of this cisco 3850 switch . My client wants to scrap his for HP

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

I have a  cisco 3850 switch that keeps crashing. first TAC told me to switch from auto qos to manual qos so that the switch would not crash. now i have changed it and it and it is has crashed again.

Is anyone currently using a cisco 3850 in a voice and video enviroment that is stable.

Nothing fancy on the switch. just basic port-channgels and mauual modular qos. 

The bugs that I have hit so far:

original Bug: CSCug8754015:30
QoS  Bug: CSCui39507

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT3K_CAA-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 03.03.00SE RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

6 Replies 6

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Both of those bugs are listed as 'Fixed' in later releases so why not just upgrade the IOS to one where the bug has been fixed?

There is a reason Cisco is the industry leader in Routing and Switching, going to HP is a large step backwards in my experience. Having dealt with HP at this company a fair bit, my advice is that they are pants compared to Cisco.

As far as we know, that is the latest release. Which release are you talking about.

I think cisco is better but when my switch is crashing every other day and TAC cant me.  help how can i get my client to believe that Cisco is the best . . . .:-(

You can ask for the case to be raised to Priority 1, and handled as "critical account". You need to coordinate with you Cisco Account Manager. You will see things moving very quickly then.

Im confused, so you are on 3.3.0 and are still hitting the bugs mentioned in your original post??

no, now we dont even know which bug we are hitting. the switch just loves to crash

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card