Views
Helpful
Replies

Token ring support on ISR G2

jchaumont
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer wants to replace some Cisco 2912 by new routers, but I can't find a way to add Token ring Network Module on  2951 or 3925 routers with the Cisco configuration tool.

Does somebody know if token ring is still supported on ISR G2 routers?

Thanks,

J-F

5 Replies 5

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Here is what it does support:  off hand, I would say its time to convert to ethernet.

Table 4. Cisco 3900 with Cisco IOS  Software Feature and Protocol High-Level Support

Protocols

• IPv4, IPv6, static routes, Open Shortest Path First  (OSPF), Enhanced IGRP (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), BGP Router  Reflector, Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), Multicast  Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMPv3), Protocol Independent Multicast  sparse mode (PIM SM), PIM Source Specific Multicast (SSM), Distance Vector  Multicast Routing Protocol (DVMRP), IPv4-to-IPv6 Multicast, MPLS, Layer 2 and  Layer 3 VPN, IPSec, Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3), Bidirectional  Forwarding Detection (BFD), IEEE802.1ag, and IEEE802.3ah.

Encapsulations

• Generic routing encapsulation (GRE),  Ethernet, 802.1q VLAN, Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), Multilink Point-to-Point  Protocol (MLPPP), Frame Relay, Multilink Frame Relay (MLFR) (FR.15 and FR.16),  High-Level Data Link Control (HDLC), Serial (RS-232, RS-449, X.21, V.35, and  EIA-530), PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE), and ATM.

J-F

As far as I know there is no support for token ring in ISR G2.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

last thing i could find was a 3640...and that was in the EOS announcements.

It seems that it was still supported on ISR:

It 'appears" that item "might" be referring to some form of encapsulation.

Here is the link to the supported interfaces and modules:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10537/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

no T/R mods...

gotta go....i hear beaconing somewhere

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card