Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

topology file corrupted (3 months long project ) - need help

I have been working on a pretty big project for work for the past few months and  today I am getting errors when I try to open my project. Hopefully I did  not mess it up because I've spent so much time on this project and  deadlines is nearing. Hopefully I won't have to re-create the whole  topology from scratch.

Errors I am getting:

=> *** Warning:  Connecting SW1 2 to access 800 Infotek_R3 f0/0 resulted in:

nonexistent device Infotek_R3

*** Error: errors during loading of the topology file, please correct them

*** Error: 208-unable to find object 'ACR2NE'

Both  of those devices are part of my topology and I need them, but I've  tried editing topology file and removing references to both just in  case, but that resulted in even worse errors:

DynamipsError: 208-unable to find object 'CCR1SW'

DynamipsError: 208-unable to find object 'DTR1SW'

and so on... for every device!

I  do have backup of all configs but I really don't want to create  topology again with all colors and links and then paste configs. It would really take me a long  time. So any help on this is appreciated.

I am including my topology file.

3 REPLIES
New Member

topology file corrupted (3 months long project ) - need help

This might be better served on a Dynamips or GNS3 forum

New Member

topology file corrupted (3 months long project ) - need help

I posted there as well, but traffic is not that high. I've seen lot of GNS3 questions on this forum so I decided to try my luck

New Member

topology file corrupted (3 months long project ) - need help

I run into the exact same issue, I found a solution on the cisco learning network forum here:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/62127

for the sake of keeping other people from hopping around URLs to find a solution, i want to share my solution.

i suspect i run into this issue because i moved my GNS3 folder from c:\ to e:\.  I seams like the path values are hardcoded in the GNS3 config and also in the topology.net project config.

It should be enough to rerun the startup wizard inside GNS3 to and reset the path values to you appropriate directory. go to -> Edit -> Preferences and make sure don't forget QEMU and Virtualbox  then load your tolopogy and ignore any errors, save the topology and exit.

open your topology.net and delete all lines containing "fa0/0" in the router section aswell as "access" in the switch section.

e.g:

    [[ROUTER R10]]

        model = 3725

        console = 2111

        aux = 2511

        cnfg = configs\R10.cfg

        f0/0 = R7 f0/1

        f0/1 = SW5 1

    [[ETHSW SW3]]

        1 = access 1 R2 f0/1

        2 = access 1 nio_gen_eth:

should look like:

    [[ROUTER R10]]

        model = 3725

        console = 2111

        aux = 2511

        cnfg = configs\R10.cfg

         ....

    [[ETHSW SW3]]

          ....

load your topology and rewire all devices.

1229
Views
0
Helpful
3
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content