cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking in 7200

aalhousani
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 7200 routers connected back to back, and an ATM link conneced to each router in one side and in the other side we have firewalls connected via Ethernet and (HSRP) between these two...

My concern is, if there is any way two to configure the ATM interface to be forced to shutdown when ever the Ethernet comes down, without running any routing protocol?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks a lot for your clarification. I believe it may be reached by using the object tracking (SAA) to achieve your target.

Please check below, sorry for not able to help much on it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a00801541be.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

As I know, I never heard any way to shut down the interface automatically. We can only control the traffic not to route through this interface. Could you advise the reason and application ?

Hi,

Appreciate your responed.

Actaully in JNPR 7.0, there is an excude policy allow you to do this so.

To answer you regarding the reson is that I need to do a redundancy between two routers to reach the FWs and becuase I,m running NATing in the routers (I don,t need to do NAT in FW), the issue is when Ethernet comes down the traffic routed to the other router through the back to back link and becuase of the NATing table is not sync. between the routers the traffic will be droped in the 2nd router.

So, I see the workaround is to force the ATM interface to becomes down whenever the Ethernet is down so that the ATM link will be switched to the other link which is connected to the 2nd router and the rounadancy will be reached...

Thanks a lot for your clarification. I believe it may be reached by using the object tracking (SAA) to achieve your target.

Please check below, sorry for not able to help much on it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a00801541be.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card