Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic coming from internet to my domain

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

hi experts

our domain is multihomed to two different service providers.we r using a real AS along with a public class C Address,how can i know the traffic  path coming from the internet which ISPs chose  to enter our domain,i wanna see it from the router and from Internet prospective

is there any site on the internet let y see the traffic path how is it entered the domain

thanks

2 Replies 2

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

if both ISPs publish the as in their bop advertisements, then traffic will come from both.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Traffic will normally come via whichever path has the least number of AS's between the source and your destination AS (unless the source routers has modified BGP to do traffic engineering for whatever reason).

To see how your AS is being advertised on the Internet you can use bgpplay (GUI) or a route-views server (CLI, e.g., "telnet route-views.oregon-ix.net" login as rviews and then "sh ip bgp regexp ")

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card