Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Traffic shaping per ip address

I would like to know if it is possible to shape traffic per ip address. I have network around 200 users(just 192.168.1.0/24), and i want to shape traffic 100 Kb per user ? Is there any elegant way to do this, without making 200 ACL, and 200 class map ???

3 REPLIES

Re: Traffic shaping per ip address

Hello Giorgi ! I've also posted this question on this forum, too. I 've been using WebHTB as a solution for this kind of matters sine 2009 and is working quite well. It's the cheapest solution for this kind of job. I installed webhtb on a CentOS server that has "ip forwarding" enabled and at this moment I have more than 500 clients "shaped". And it's not a resources consumer. I use a computer with an Intel P4 at 2.4 GHz, 1 GB of RAM, an 80 Gb hard drive and two NIC's. And the CPU its lower than 10 % with over 75 % of clients connected all the time.  With Cisco it will cost cost a lot more than my solution. And by the way, WebHTB is free. This is the link: http://webhtb.nethd.ro/.

Hello bogpsycho,

Thank you for help. Your solution seems quite interesting. What is total amount of shaped  bandwidth, in your case ? 
I actually would like to know cisco implementation of this.

I had also wanted to use a cisco solution for this. Nobody gave me a straight answer, so I started to search and I discovered that the financial costs were to high for me. And now, returning to your question, the total bandwidth I manage with WebHTB is 100 MB. I mention that I use different settings for different clients. You can set up the download, the upload, with different bandiwidth options for different clients. The WebHTB server is behind a Cisco 3550 L3 Switch. On the switch I do BGP routing with my ISP. The switch receives a default route for the international traffic and a full routing table for national traffic. I believe, in this way, I have achieved best results with minimal financial costs. Also, study this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRND/QoS-SRND-Book.html. I received this link from a forum member.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content