Views
Helpful
Replies

Transmit discards on 28xx Router

rvr_76bg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have a 28xx Router. 2xT1/s are connected to its serial interfaces. I bundle them in a PPP Multilink interface. I am using Solar winds software to monitor the device. Lately I am getting a lot of transmit discards errors for the Multilink interface and I am sure they are not related to the traffic volume. Can anybody tell me why I am getting these errors on the router?? Let me know if you need output from any “shows” command. Thank you in advance!

Regards,

rvr

4 Replies 4

rvr_76bg
Level 1
Level 1

So, nobody can help on this issue??

rvr

Do you see transmit dicards on the multilink interface alone or also on the serial interfaces as well?

What is the IOS you're running on the router

Sh interface output along with the interface configuration would help

Narayan

My Solarwinds is reporting the same problem but only on the multilink interface. The sho int mu does not report any errors or drop. the router is a 2811.

I'm getting the same problem on a Cisco 1941. SolarWinds is reporting thousands of discards but interfaces on both ends are clean, however there is a shaping policy attached to the outbound interface on our edge router. Would the shaping policy discard traffic and not report to the interface output?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco