cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

trinoo_master on port 27665, filtered state!

fahim
Level 1
Level 1

On my Cisco Router's serial interface, I do a nmap from outside on the Internet. The result is:

" Interesting ports on *.*.50.1:

Not shown: 1676 closed ports

PORT STATE SERVICE

23/tcp filtered telnet

135/tcp filtered msrpc

1524/tcp filtered ingreslock

27665/tcp filtered Trinoo_Master

I am worried about the last two entries. The last nmap was done in Feb this year and I have confirmed that the two ports did not exist.

Though the state "filtered" is a solace but I am still concerned. How can O be sure that the system has not been compromised?

Please Advise!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

If it is in a filtered state as said need not be worried.Because Filtered means that a firewall, filter, or other network obstacle is covering the port and preventing nmap from determining whether the port is open.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

If it is in a filtered state as said need not be worried.Because Filtered means that a firewall, filter, or other network obstacle is covering the port and preventing nmap from determining whether the port is open.

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

This is a nice scenario. Could you please tell us which IOS version you are using and what all filtering commands you have enabled?

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card