cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

trouble whith Access point and windows 8

andersonargolo
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning guys, I have an Access Point AIR-LAP1252G-A-K9 on my network and every time I try to insert a workstation that has installed windows 8 I can not and I have to remove the driver of the network card and install a version for windows 7. so far This was a workaround, but our new notebooks are designed only for windows 8 and does not have the driver for previous versions of windows and I can not insert them in my wifi network . Do you have any idea how can I solve this problem?
I thank you for your help.

4 Replies 4

Hi ,

Let me know your Wireless Infrastructure is WLC based or stand alone mode . For Stand alone mode there should not be any issue . 

For WLC Based 

http://blogs.cisco.com/wireless/get-your-wi-fi-network-ready-for-windows-8/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CiscoBlogMobility+%28Cisco+Blog+»+Mobility%29

HTH

Sandy .

Hi,

My infrastructure is WLC based

Hi ,

Over here you need to upgrade your WLC Software to below given version 

The solution: upgrade WLC software

This bug is fixed in the following releases of WLC software, which are available to download from Cisco.com now:

7.3.101.0 (release notes)

7.2.111.3 (release notes) (the CSCua29504 fix was lost in 7.2.115.1, but is restored in 7.2.115.2)

7.0.235.3 (release notes)

What's New in This Release?

There are no new features or enhancements in this release. This release addresses a Microsoft Windows 8 Client interoperability with Cisco Wireless Infrastructure (CSCua29504). For more information, see the Resolved Caveats section.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn7_0_235_3.html

HTH

Sandy

Thanks Sandy, i'ill try this

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card