Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Tunnel public traffic over a private wan link DR Scenario

Site A

Public internet router (x.x.x.x) goes to firewall public facing hosts static nated through firewall on dmz interface.

Connected to Site B with WAN link separate router.

Site B

Public internet router (y.y.y.y) goes to firewall. Site only used for outbound internet access. Connected to Site A with WAN Link separate router.

Can I do the following.

Connect Site A public router to Site A WAN router. Connect Site B public router to Site B WAN router. "Tunnel" BGP rerouted x.x.x.x traffic from Site B to the Site A public router.

This is in the event that Site A loses internet and x.x.x.x network fails over to site B. Assuming Site A is perfect other than internet I would like to know if this is doable. The idea is that I need the traffic to show up clean on Site A outside firewall interface just as if it originated from the Site A public router. It of course would have to use the tunnel on the way back as well for ther return traffic or outbound traffic originating from Site A. Thanks a bunch.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Tunnel public traffic over a private wan link DR Scenario

Like the edge configurations, the BGP instance at this layer is what peers the protocol to the upstream

edge layer and receives its default route to the upstream Internet edge layer.

The following URL may help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns517/ns224/ns304/net_design_guidance0900aecd800eb958.pdf

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content