Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunnel with IP Address 172.16.0.1 on ASR1002/ASR1006

tarun_ladkani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

Does anyone know why do we see Tunnelx with IP Address 172.16.0.1 on ASR1002/ASR1006 even though not having configured it?

10 Replies 10

Hello,

which kind of tunnel it is?

BR

Thanveer

Tunnel1 and Tunnel2 .. The tunnels are NOT present in running or Starting configs.

But "show ip interface brief" output shows the tunnels Tu1, and Tu2 configured with 172.16.0.1 IP address.

Same case with Tu0 ... But at least the Tu0 picks an IP address that I know is configured on one of teh router interfaces.

I will try check in my box too, but before this let me know the ios version

It is RP1 IOS for ASR1002

asr1000rp1-adventerprisek9.03.01.04a.S.150-1.S4a.bin

For ASR1006 it is the corresponding RP2 version.

I have over a dozen of such instances across my network ... In all cases these Tunnels were NOT configured by us and they don't show in teh Startup / Running configs at all.

Hello,

My IOS version is asr1000rp2-advipservicesk9.03.11.00.S.154-1.S-std.bin, I am having no issues.

Is it possible that you can upgrade any one of the boxes and check. better you upgrade with 15.3(3)S2 version as IOS version which I am also having a bug id, it shows the Actual ACTV/STBY LED state is incorrect

BR

Thanveer

I have checked it in my ASR 1006 box, I haven't found anything strange, here.

Please provide the IOS version  which you are using on the box.If you are sure that none of your team has configured it then it might be an IOS bug.

Has the original poster perhaps configured WCCP on his router? In some configurations WCCP will automatically generate GRE tunnels and pick an IP address for the tunnel.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Might be sir

Might be Sir.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card