cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

turning on debug on 3800

Warren
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I was trying to run a debug for an access-list on a 3800 series router but I was unable to turn on debug for on particular access-list. I did a debug ? but it doesn't give me an option for an access-list I also did a debug ip access-list but that to doesn't allow me do a particular access-list as well. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. By the way it is a Cisco IOS Software, 3800 Software (C3845-ADVENTERPRISEK9_SNA-M), Version 12.4(10a), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Warren

I am not entirely clear what you were trying to do but it sounds to me closest is that you were trying to use an access list with debug ip packet. Assuming that you have configured extended access list 190 to identify the traffic that you want to examine you would use this command: debug ip packet 190

try it and let us know if that is what you are looking for.

If that is not what you are looking for then perhaps you can clarify a bit what it is that you need.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

yes that is what I was looking for but my access list doesn't have the usually numbers like it would if I was doing a normal or extended access-list. How would I do it for an access list that has a name IE:

extended IP access list vnet-in

Warren

I just tested and find that this appears to be one place where IOS does process numbered access lists but does not process named access lists. The only alternative that I see is to recode the access list as a numbered access list.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick I thought I was going crazy over here....thanks for your help!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card