Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

two branch of company

how we connect two branch of company and provide the security ?

can any one give me any idea please

6 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: two branch of company

If you mean security in the sense to preclude someone being able to understand traffic communicated between the two sites, you would might set up an encrypted connection between the sites. This would still leave you exposed within the site.

how we make network between them and how masked secure for data transmit

Hall of Fame Super Gold

There are alot of combination regarding this topic. Here's one of my favorites:

Configuring a Virtual Tunnel Interface with IP Security

www.cisco.com/en/US/technologies/tk583/tk372/technologies_white_paper0900aecd8029d629_ps6635_Products_White_Paper.html

How to Configure IPsec Virtual Tunnel Interface

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/security/configuration/guide/sec_ipsec_virt_tunnl_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1090445

if i want use the lease line to make WAN between two site.what is the best security for data

and

if i want use the VPN throe the internet what is the best security for data

hello, if you want to use a Point to point leased line, we can encrypt the data (3DES) using Cisco IOS itself. for this i suggest you to go for security bundle routers.

2nd scenario if you want to establish IPsec Vpn again you can use 3DES to encrypt.

please rate if it helps.

Binoy

Super Bronze

If your platform supports it, would recommend AES over DES.

PS:

BTW:

Cisco software encryption can quickly consume a router's CPU. Depending on intended volume, you'll likely want a hardware encryption module within the router (fyi: many of Cisco's smaller/later routers come standard with basic hardware encryption).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content