cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two C837's - one works, one doesnt

ray7771777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I'm fairly new to cisco kit so please excuse any part of this cry for help that sounds stupid!

We have 2 C837 routers serving 2 remote sites over VPN in a terminal server environment.

One of these sites have no problems whatsoever, the other will not allow us to vnc/rdp to PC's or http to the laserjet configurator, neither can the users print from their terminal server sessions although you can ping the printer.

I have checked the configs of both routers, as far as i can see there is nothing between the 2. There is a PIIX 515 at the other end of the line which i have also checked the config of, there are no rules being applied to the problematic site that arent being applied to the working one.

Both 837s are running IOS 12.3, the working one is running 12.3(8)TS the "broken" one is on 12.3(2) XE3.

Should i simply upgrade to the latest IOS ? or bring the problem unit onto the same version as the working one?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Ray.

3 Replies 3

wochanda
Level 4
Level 4

The first thing I would do is make the IOS the same on both. 12.3(2)XE3 is a train I haven't even heard of, and it was probably introduced to be a guinea pig for some new hardware.

If the features you want work fine on 12.3(8)T, thats the one I would try on the other router.

ok thanks i will give that a try.

thanks again

ray.

If anyones interested, I upgraded the IOS on the troublesome 837 to the same version as the working router - after a reboot i had access to print and the printer's web configurator.

Problem solved!

Thanks wochanda for your assistance

Ray.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card