Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Two isdn Bri connections for back up

Hi, i hope somebodycan help me, i have a isdn bri back up link, but i would want to have 256kbps of bandwidth, so i want to know if this is posible installing another bri interface in my remote router, and configuring two floating statics routes. has anybody tried this?

2 REPLIES

Re: Two isdn Bri connections for back up

Hi

You can configure single Dialer interface on both the sides and make the physical bri interface to be binded up to the dialer interface.

You need to use dialer pool-member 1 under the bri interfaces and dialer pool 1 under the diale interface.

would suggest to check this link for more info on the same..

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk507/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800a3b7a.shtml

you can have 128Kbps with single bri line like by bundling the B (64+64)channels and if you got to have 4 B channels with 2 Physical bri links you can make them bundled upto 256Kbps..

regds

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Two isdn Bri connections for back up

Luis

If you need 256kbps you should be able to install and use a second BRI, assuming that your router has a slot available to install it in.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content