cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two MPLS service prividers with OSPF issue

nkariyawasam
Level 1
Level 1

I have customer with multiple sites connected via MPLS WAN.

The same sites were linked with ( same bandwidth) the second MPLS service provider for link redundancy and load sharing.

Customer is running ospf.

Sooner when we connect a SINGLE location to the second service privider the routes originally learned from the first service privider were also updated as if they come from the second service provider. Obviusly this is wrong.

For example if I consider the route 10.226.64.0 ( which is another branch connected ONLY to the service provider)

Before connecting to second service provider it looks like this;

O E2 10.226.64.0/23 [110/1] via 10.226.0.41, 05:00:08, Serial0

After connecting with the second service provider it becomes;

O E2 10.226.64.0/23 [110/1] via 10.226.3.41, 00:00:00, Serial1

Why does the branch router installs this route errornously and how do we isolate the problem ?

4 Replies 4

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Are you running two OSPF processes on your branch router i.e are you running OSPF as the PE-CE protocol for both providers ? If so, are they configured to use the default administrative distance ?

Paresh.

Branch router serial 0 is connectted to SP#1.

serial 1 is connected to SP#2. One ospf process running in the branch router.

Yes , the PE-CE protocol is ospf for both SP's here.

SP says that they are running BGP inside their network and they are redistributing the ospf to BGP and vice-versa.

Can you please post a "show ip ospf database external" with both LSA5 announcing the network in question?

With OSPF usually the truth is within the database.

Martin

OK we can post the output but we have to wait for after-hours till the link becomes less critical.

( sooner the routing table populated with wrong paths, the branch cannot communicate since the actual traffic cannot go though Serial 1 connection for the simple reason that none of the other branches were connected via SP#1 at the moment.).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card