Views
Helpful
Replies

Two Routers two Internet links to same ISP .. how to route based on source

arnab77inkol
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

We have one 3745 now and Internet on T1 is working.. One more router we have procured that will be having one more T1 connected...now 3745 IBW will be dedicated for Proxy users and new router will be for one Webserver on my DMZ..

I am plannning routers to connect back to back and one output from 3745 router will go to PIX Outside interface.. on DMZ i have web server and on Internal I have one Proxy.

Both will be going out on Internet bandwidths dedicated for them.I have two different public IP Pool from ISP.Now how do i defferentiate that proxy ip pool should use this bandiwidth and webserver pool will use the particular bandwidth.. Both T1 are terminated on Serial 1 and serial 2..

Please give an example.. if possible..

2 Replies 2

tom.storey
Level 1
Level 1

Can you somehow give us a visual representation of the layout of your network. I cant quite make out what you are describing as english doesnt appear to be your native language.

Hello Arnab,

your best option would be to use some sort of policy routing, in which you define where traffic is routed to, based on the source and destination. If your routers are connected back to back, you would need to define traffic going to the proxy server, and then set the next-hop to the router where the proxy is connected to, the same goes vice versa for the Internet traffic.

If possible, can you post the configurations of your routers, and indicate which traffic needs to go where ? This way, we can add the necessary commands...

Also, have a look at the document below, which discusses scenarios similar to yours:

Understanding Policy Routing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008009481d.shtml

Regards,

GNT

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card