Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Two WIC-1ENETs in a Cisco 1721?

Hi folks,

Is it possible to populate both WIC slots with ENET cards? My router has a WIC-1ENET in slot 0 and I'd like to drive a new segment, but can't remember if there's any caveats or restictions (there doesn't seem to be any in the manuals, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough).

Regards,

Andy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

Re: Two WIC-1ENETs in a Cisco 1721?

Hello Andy,

I am not sure if the caveat below is applicable to the 1721 as well, I just remember that the 1720 usually only supports one WIC-1ENET, in slot 0, unless you use the IOS release described below:

IOS release 12.2(2)XJ also includes enhancement to the software for the WIC-1ENET adapter. Using IOS 12.2(2)XJ software, two Ethernet WIC (WIC-1ENET) adapters can be installed in a Cisco 1720, 1750, and 1751 routers.

Regards,

GP

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hello Andy,

I am not sure if the caveat below is applicable to the 1721 as well, I just remember that the 1720 usually only supports one WIC-1ENET, in slot 0, unless you use the IOS release described below:

IOS release 12.2(2)XJ also includes enhancement to the software for the WIC-1ENET adapter. Using IOS 12.2(2)XJ software, two Ethernet WIC (WIC-1ENET) adapters can be installed in a Cisco 1720, 1750, and 1751 routers.

Regards,

GP

Hi GP,

Thanks for the reply and prodding my grey matter about IOS - that was the specific limiting factor.

Regards,

Andy.

Views
Helpful
Replies