Views
Helpful
Replies

UDPTN configuration for async rs232 data

jonathanmahabir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I can't seem to wrap my head around this issue and need some help. I am attempting to transport an Async serial data 9600Kb/s from local router to a remote router. Both local and remote router is equipted with WIC-2T for my async data transport. My problem is when I attempt to debug I get the message "%UDPTN connection not permitted from this terminal" Can you please help?

debug commands

debug udptn

udptn 192.168.6.1

Local Router

interface serial0/2/0

ip address 192.168.5.1 255.255.255.248

physical-layer async

encapsulation bstun

load-interval 30

keepalive 10

no shut

line 0/2/0

no session-timeout

transport output udptn

dispatch-character 13

modem inout

autocommand udptn 192.168.6.1

Remote Router

interface serial0/2/0

ip address 192.168.6.1 255.255.255.248

physical-layer async

encapsulation bstun

load-interval 30

keepalive 10

no shut

line 0/2/0

no session-timeout

transport output udptn

dispatch-character 13

modem inout

autocommand udptn 192.168.5.1

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which device is connected? Why have you configured bstun encapsulation ?

Accoring to the link below, bstun is used for the Async tunneling from one serial device to another over the router network (Local to remote router). Also the only other encapsulations available is ppp and slip.

http://http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk369/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801dbe33.shtml

BSTUN is a block oriented protocol for certain specific devices only. You must not configure unless you know for sure thta your devices are using it.

What I am attempting to do is to transport async data at 9.6Kbs from  one router to another. For the interface I am using the WIC-2T. There is  already an active T1 connection between the two routers via VWIC-1MFT.

I have tried numerous configurations but had no success; are  there any documentation/examples that would assist me in this  configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card