Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect with telnet and console

cco-ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

i telnet 2620XM and unable to connect, when i login to console its show

" Low on memory; try again later" what to do i am not able to connect both by telnet and console.

need urgent reply

thanx & Regds

Naveed

6 Replies 6

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Please reload the router and then try to reconnect to it.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Naveed

The message Low on memory; try again later indicates that there is not enough memory to support creation of an exec process for telnet. It is probably the result of some bug or a memory leak in the code that you are running. I believe that Mohammed is correct that a reload of the router is the short term solution. It will reclaim lost memory and allow you to telnet. In the long term you need to determine why the amount of available memory decreased. Probably the long term solution will be an upgrade of the code that you are running.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

Totally agree with Rick, a code upgrade solves the problem most of the times.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

mohammed solution is temporarily, i do the same and my problem solved, i have 12.2(15)T14 IOS installed in my router 2620XM. please advised how much the IOS required memory or should i upgrade it. during reboot i didnt find any error regarding memory.

thanks for reponse

Hi Ahmed,

As Rick has pointed out before, this incident is most probably the result of some bug or a memory leak in the code that you are running, and thus you can run into it again, and thus you are strongly recommended to upgrade your code.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

deveshkumar
Level 1
Level 1

reload the router on rmon.

check the flash image file and change it with the one that can be used with capactiy of ram and flash you have.

disable unwanted services if you do not want to change IOS

or else check for memory leak issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card