cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to TFTP from Switch

msully2002
Level 1
Level 1

I have several switches that I am trying to backup their config to a tftp server. Two of them I am able to ping the server and copy the config to the server. The others will not ping the server or connect to the server.

I have a vlan set up for the switches and another vlan set up for the computers on the network. All the switches connect using the fiber connections and are talking to one another fine. I have the config printed out and have noticed differences in the config. Such as the switches that will connect don't have the no ip finger set. The switches that will not connect have no ip finger set.

The switches that will not connect have the no ip directed-broadcast and no ip route-cashe set on vlan1. Vlan1 is the switch vlan. If need I can copy the config here if needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Sullivan

5 Replies 5

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Is your tftp server in the same subnet as the switch management VLAN?

If not have you configured proper DG on all the switches to reach the TFTP

Narayan

Thanks for the reply. Looking at it further it does look as if the DG are set incorrectly on the switches that coannot connect. I will reconfigure them later tonight. I don't want to be changing things during working hours since it is not causing problems for my users only me trying to back them up.

Mike Sullivan

Hello,

Sorry for my newbie question :

What is "DG" ?

Best Regards,

Didier

Default gateway

Lek

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank You for your prompt reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card